Thursday, October 15, 2009

The best laid plans of mice and men

I have a confession to make. I suck at planning ahead. Well, I suppose that's only partially true. In all honesty, I can plan like no other. I fail at the execution. I can formulate a logical plan for anything from changing a tire (Step One: Place jack under car...) to world domination (Step One: Create mind control powder that tastes like salt...). Quite luckily for everyone, that last one has yet to come to fruition. Yet. As soon as I can make it sodium/gluten/fat/anything-that-sounds-unhealthy free I'm in business...

Back to my point. Failing to follow through on plans. Everyone who has ever tried to meet me at an exact time knows that I'll be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour late. I try to be on time. But unless I convince myself that I'm supposed to be somewhere an hour before I'm expected, I always run late. And even when I plan on being early I sometimes just manage to be late enough to be on time.

Not only that, but there's more. Take this post for example. The original plan was to have this done and posted before 3 p.m. As you can see (Or would if anyone was reading this. [Outside of the six of you I'm forcing. Hi captive audience!]), that didn't happen. In fact, I planned to be finishing up the posts for the rest of the week so that I wouldn't fall behind. Yet again, not so much.

I plan on posting a post a day on this blog. And I plan to stick to it for a good long while. But... Well, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment