Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Starting somewhere

I have a confession. This is my first blog. Well, I supposed that's not fully true. This is my first "real" blog. I went through a few brief flings with LiveJournal, but... Let's just say it ended poorly. The first try was nothing but the angsty whining of a teenage boy. Hardly Pulitzer material. The second was during a phase where I considered myself a writer. Thankfully, a few forays into open mic poetry reminded me of my place.

But this is different. I've been reading a few wonderful blogs and was inspired to start again. And this time, things will change. No more angst! No more whining! I'm on my way to being an adult, and I'm going to handle my problems like a real grown-up! (Expect a few drunken postings.) And no more attempts at being something I'm not. I am not a writer, I am not a comedian, I'm not Hemingway. Hell, I'll just be happy if I don't come across as Courtney Love on a bender.

So, you may be asking why my blog is titled "Confessions of a Bad Example". At least you would be if I had readers. (Fingers crossed!) Well, you've got my brother to thank for that. When he was born nine years ago, I realized I had strayed far from the good example path. I hoped that the least I could do was teach him from my numerous, and growing, mistakes. For instance, not getting drunk to the point of no return/in with the bad crowd
/arrested.

Now I'm not saying I'm a horrible person, but I'm no role model. And maybe by sharing some of my stories I can guide people on to the right path. Or off the wrong one. Or just make someone laugh. At least if I fail, I'll just have one more confession to make.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finding the path to adulthood! When you're a teenager it really never seems like it's going to happen, and then suddenly you're more mature. Completely out of nowhere. Making grown up choices and stuff. Mind-blowing.

    I'm looking forward to reading some stories.

    ReplyDelete